Shop Manager – Mall of the Netherlands
We are excited to offer the opportunity to manage our brand new Shop in Mall of the Netherlands on a permanent basis. Ready for this career-changing challenge? Then keep on reading…
This is a huge opportunity in one of Lush’s growing markets, to manage one of the biggest stores in the Netherlands. Found inside the largest shopping centre in the country and set to open its doors on June 18th, 2022, this really is a fantastic new location with lots of growth opportunities for the future.
2021 has been a challenging year for retail, but we’re excited for what’s coming! Lush Netherlands is therefore thrilled to spread its wings to this prime location. With its brand new design, key factors to successfully managing this store will be establishing Lush as a change maker in beauty, building your local community and pioneering in customer and brand experience.
Managing in the Netherlands is unique, as this is a growing market in Europe with a strong set of managers and support team who are eager to further develop and grow the business. This also brings you opportunities to collaborate with many people within the business, bring your own ideas to build the community in the Mall and collaborate with other managers in our regular meetings together.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE:
All applicants should have experience as a manager or managerial retail experience. This is what we would want to hear about. As a top store, Mall of the Netherlands is an important hub for both customers and staff providing a showcase of the Lush brand in the Netherlands – so prepare for customers coming from far and wide to experience the store.
As a result, we’re on the lookout for a person with the ability and determination to drive sales and have an innovative approach to curating the best customer experience in the Netherlands and beyond! Our ideal candidate also…
- Knows everything about our ethics and products and can actively apply this knowledge in the workplace;
- Knows how to give excellent customer service;
- Speaks fluent English; fluent Dutch is a bonus
- Can be deployed flexibly and has a strong work ethic;
- Is a star in time management and planning;
- Continuously wants to learn and develop themselves further;
- Is a good communicator;
- Is a real team player.
Salary: €2,870 per month (€37,200 per year).
We’re looking for a shop manager for 38 hours a week, both during the week and on weekends.
Ideal start date: May 1st, 2022 (or sooner if possible)
ABOUT OUR STORE:
Mall of the Netherlands is located between our largest cities in the country and is the first of its kind in the Netherlands. Since the opening of the Mall one year ago, it has continuously growing footfall – similar to a day in the Efteling. We are looking for a passionate and established Manager who has previous experience in building their business whilst working towards a 5 star customer experience.
WHAT’S LIVING IN THE HAGUE LIKE?
The Hague (Den Haag in Dutch) is the largest city near the sea in the Netherlands and also the greenest city of Europe. It has a beautiful gothic-style historic city centre and is also home to the UN’s International Court of Justice, headquartered in the Peace Palace, and the International Criminal Court. Living in Den Haag lets you enjoy a vibrant city centre combined with all the beauty nature has to offer. However, you should make sure to come prepared. First and foremost, many people living in The Hague speak English, which makes it easy for visitors to get around.
Multiculturalism and a rich diversity define life in The Hague. During your Lush career, you will meet people of every race, age group, social group, etc.
The Cost of Living: Generally speaking, the Netherlands has a particularly high cost of living. The country has a competitive housing market and finding an affordable place is a challenge. But don’t get too worried. The Hague, being the legal justice capital of Europe, has a lot of smaller neighbouring towns and villages that bring you to the city centre or Mall of the Netherlands, located in the outskirts of The Hague, within 15 minutes.
If you are not convinced yet, here are a few more interesting fringe benefits:
- This opportunity would make a fantastic career move – and to help with a physical move – an attractive relocation package is offered to a successful candidate form outside The Hague or the Netherlands.
- Our employees do not receive a zero-hour contract.
- You get 24 vacation days (based on a 38-hour contract).
- If your birthday is on a normal working day, you will receive an extra day off on a full-time contract. For part-time employees, a calculation is made based on the number of contract hours.
- Lush is committed to a higher salary than the minimum wage and better working conditions in every country where the company operates.
We are building a brand that represents the people of the world. It’s what you do that counts, and we are always looking to expand perspectives and voices to shape our future. We see you, we celebrate you, we want you!
HELLO? IS IT YOU WE’RE LOOKING FOR?
We want to give you the opportunity to showcase your skills in a way that suits you. For this role, we are accepting your application in any format you wish. This could be a traditional cover letter, podcast, or even a video (both no more than 2-3 minutes long). However you choose to submit your application, please remember that the content will be considered to be more important than the way in which it is presented. We are looking forward to discovering why you are interested in this role, and to see/hear you showcasing the skills that would make you the perfect candidate to take on this exciting challenge.
We like to hear about business results in cover letters. We are particularly interested in measurable business results with which you can shine. This is your opportunity to shout about your achievements!
Please send your application to [email protected] before Monday April 11th, 2022 (stating “Mall of NL Manager Recruitment” as the subject).
In case of equal suitability, preference is given to the candidate who strengthens the diversity within the team.
- Interview date: Week commencing April 11th, 2022
- Second Interview Date: Date TBC
- Potential start date: ASAP after appointment – Ideally May 1st, 2022
- Onboarding: As part of your first month managing this store before the actual opening day on June 18th, you will be in charge of recruiting your own team for the store. A week of training and development, together with your trainee, in one of our Top Shops in the UK is also part of your onboarding.